Department of Computer Science
Free, Alan Turing, Ada Lovelace and Project
Computer Science Laboratories (Z22,Z20, Z19, Z15, Z38, Z18)
These are our common resource.
We should not waste them or misuse them.
To ensure that everyone can make the best use of the labs we have
few simple rules.
1. No smoking, whatsoever, at any time.
2. No food or drink in the lab.
3. Do not make noise or disturb others’ work in any way.
4. The school’s policy is to allow games playing. However work has
priority and if all (working) machines are in use games players must
way to those who want to study. Games players must play quietly.
5. Do not do anything that may damage the machines or the software
loaded on the machines. If in doubt, ask. Without specific permission
an authorised person you may not delete programs, format the hard disk,
alter operating systems settings or open the case of any machine.
6. If you find a machine or one of its components is not working, do
not swap components around. Notify the Data Processing department.
Lab specfic rules
For the time being only Z22 is avaliable as a free lab. Z19 and Z38
are reserved for classes and will be closed at other times
Special rules will apply to the project lab in Z18, when it opens.
You will need to have a specific approved project to work there.
Breaking these rules will damage
your fellow students’ education. To
protect other students, persistent breach will lead to the application
of the University’s normal disciplinary procedures.